EEG (Electroencephalogram) Test
An electroencephalogram (EEG) is a test used to evaluate the electrical activity in the brain. Brain cells communicate with each other through electrical impulses. An EEG can be used to help detect potential problems associated with this activity.
An EEG is Useful For
- Epilepsy (Determine Seizure type e.g. Focal, generalized, photosensitive)
- Localize epileptogenic focus for epilepsy surgery candidates
- Know when to stop Anti Epileptic Drugs treatment
- Sleep Disorders (Such as Narcolepsy)
- Inflammation of the Brain (Encephalitis)
- Memory Problems E.g. Dementia
- Head Injury
- Localization of a Brain Tumor
- Determination of brain death
An EEG complements the clinical evaluation process and should not be used by itself to make a diagnosis of Epilepsy.
Neurofeeback / Neurotherapy (EEG Biofeedback)
Anxiety, Panic attacks, Depression, Migraine, ADHD, ADD, PSTD, sleeping disorders, Autism spectrum disorders, Substance / Drug abuse and similar mental related issues have increased to epidemic proportions in recent decades across the various strata of our society. This has also led to an increase in homicide and suicide cases, left a trail of broken families, both rich and poor.
Good News is, there is Neurofeedback (NFB), also called Neurotherapy. This is an emerging technology that has helped thousands of people feel and get better. NFB is achieved by repeated training sessions using a computerized neurofeedback program that teaches your central nervous system to regulate brainwave amplitudes.
The exercise retrains the brain by either developing new skills or increasing brain fitness and performance through exercise. With practice and training, these patterns can produce a new way of life. For example, if you want to strengthen the muscles in your arms you exercise every day, the same with your brain.
Because neuro-feedback teaches the brain to function better, many people are able to eliminate or reduce medication with appropriate medical supervision. Athletes, golfers, soccer players are just but a few example of professionals who enhance their performance with NFB.
Nerve Conduction Studies
Nerve conduction studies are done to test if your symptoms are caused by amuscle disorder or a nerve problem. Why do i need a nerve conduction?
- Tingling or numbness in arms,legs,hands,feet
- Muscles cramps,spasms and twitching
- Paralysis of any muscles
- Muscle Weakness
Other tests include:
- ECG (electrocardiogram) test – used to test if your heart is working normally.
- Spirometry – used to asses how well your lungs work
- Psychological Counseling